Winnebago Lutheran Academy realizes the cost of secondary Christian education may be a challenge for some families. Because of this, WLA is happy to award financial aid to families who are not eligible to receive a voucher through the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP) but are still concerned about the full tuition amount of WLA. In 2022-23, WLA awarded over $141,000 in financial aid to 47 different students. Awards are need based and vary by family situation.
Financial aid awarded to families comes from:
- Association congregations
- Individual gifts
- WLA’s annual golf outing, Tee it Up for WLA
- WLA Endowment Fund
- Other established scholarship funds
The preferred windows to apply for WLA financial aid for the 2023-24 school year:
- October 12 through November 15, 2023, or
- February 1, 2023 through April 20, 2023
Financial aid applications are submitted through a third party who objectively analyzes family information. The WLA Financial Aid Committee also considers extenuating family circumstances you may detail in a letter. There is a small fee to submit an application; the fee comes back as part of the financial aid awarded.
Please review the “2023-2024 Financial Aid Guide” found below. Please note this chart is a guide – the WLA Financial Aid Committee also considers family situations and other extenuating circumstances when determining Financial Aid awards.
Please note the specific situations below regarding applying for Financial Aid.
- If your student is new to WLA
- and your family meets the income criteria of the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP), apply for a WPCP voucher
- and your family does not meet the income criteria for the WPCP but you have a need for financial assistance, apply for aid through WLA.
- If your returning student has received WLA financial aid in the past OR has a new need for assistance, you must apply annually for Financial Aid.
- If your returning student received a voucher through the WPCP in the 2022-23 school year, do not apply for WLA financial aid. Simply re-apply for the WPCP voucher. Returning families only need to verify residency on the application, not income.
More information about the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program and how it relates to your student attending WLA can be found here.
If your family has a change of circumstances during the school year or if you have any questions about financial assistance, contact Business Manager Eric Schraufnagel at email@example.com or 920-921-4930.