Winnebago Lutheran Academy’s athletic program is an extension of our high school and the values that we believe in and promote. WLA strives to have an athletic program of excellence focused on glorifying God by nurturing the growth of every student athlete to live as Christ’s child within their school, team, and sport.
Winnebago Lutheran Academy is a member of the Wisconsin Flyway Conference. At Winnebago Lutheran Academy, participation in athletic activities is a privilege granted to our students and is to be used in a God-pleasing way. While WLA takes great pride in winning, it does not submerge good sportsmanship and good mental health beneath the desire to win. WLA encourages students to participate in a variety of organized sports to:
- Learn to make use of special God-given physical abilities;
- Learn to exercise Christian sportsmanship;
- Learn that games and sports can be a God-pleasing activity;
- Learn humility concerning God-given abilities;
- Learn to set individual and team goals, and work hard to reach those goals;
- Learn to participate as a team where the good of the whole supersedes the importance of the individual;
- Benefit from gradual athletic development by teaching fundamentals and techniques;
- Involve as many students as possible in a part of school life;
- Learn to budget and use time wisely;
- Provide student-athletes with awareness of potential opportunities afforded them through competitive athletics.
Bradley R. Bendix, BS, M.C.A.A.
Office: (920) 921-4930 ext. 306
Cell: (920) 229-3732
Winnebago Lutheran Academy is a proud member of the Flyway Conference.
Support WLA Athletics
WLA Booster Club
The WLA Booster Club is led by a team of volunteers. Lead volunteers carry out a variety of tasks to organize the efforts of the Boosters! Every family of a WLA student is assigned to a Booster Team. Their volunteer service helps pay for needed items such as – school vans, kitchen equipment, gym floor covers, sports equipment and much more! Being a part of Booster Club is a great way to meet WLA families!
Are you regularly attending HOME WLA Vikings athletic events? Buy an athletic pass and receive access to all regular season HOME games for one low price.
- $50 for a (Single Pass)
- $90 for a (Family Pass)
Purchase your athletic pass at the ticket gate with cash or check.
WELS called workers in the WLA Association receive a free family pass as a thank you for all you do for our Academy and the Kingdom! Grandparents, 8th graders of our WLA Association grade schools, and Eboard members also receive free admission.
Click here for WLA’s most recent news and dates for upcoming summer camps.